Collinsburg Volunteer Fire Company
Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company
Rostraver Township Volunteer Fire Department #1
All three fire companies within the township have multiple apparatus to provide both fire and rescue services for the residents and businesses in Rostraver Township. Each year the three fire companies sponsor a fire prevention program at the Rostraver Elementary School as part of National Fire Prevention Week. During this time students are instructed on how to prevent fires, respond to different types of incidents, encouraged to be leaders in their homes to ensure residential safety, and are given instructions on how to react if an emergency occurs.
To be a member of any of the townships three fire companies, one has to be a dedicated person to educating the residents and surrounding communities in the Rostraver Township area. Please stop in to any one of the three companies to visit and check out their station and equipment.
The Collinsburg Volunteer Fire Company (724-872-8568) located at 514 Hickory Drive, West Newton, PA 15089, was organized and chartered in 1967, to provide fire and rescue protection to the residents of Rostraver Township. The first fire apparatus in the company was a 1939 American LaFrance engine purchased at a price of $2000 from the Stockdale Volunteer Fire Company. The first truck was placed in a garage built onto the old Collinsburg School, which would become the home of the Collinsburg Volunteer Fire Company.
We currently operate two specialty teams that required extensive training by many of the members. Collinsburg Volunteer Fire Company respond as a Rapid Intervention team assisting local fire companies, and are fully equipped and trained in the Water Rescue and Emergency Response Curriculum of the Commonwealth. This includes swift water rescue, boat rescue operations, advanced line systems, and ice rescue. Many additions to the building, including a new bingo hall that seats several hundred patrons and a fleet of six fire apparatus make the Collinsburg Volunteer Fire Company a community based vision come alive on a daily basis.
The Collinsburg Volunteer Fire Company houses a 2009 Ford F250 which is used primarily as a personnel carrying unit to and from calls, a 2010 Zodiac Mark III boat which assists in swift water rescues, flood waters, boat rescues on large bodies of water, a 2001 Pierce Engine which is a primary response unit on all structure calls, a 1990 Pierce truck used as a primary rescue unit to respond to all vehicle extrication, haz-mat incidents, and RIT responses, a 1976 Mack 4,000 gallon tanker, a 2007 Ford F550 truck which responds as a secondary unit on structure and rescue alarms, a 1968 Kaiser truck is a first responding unit on all brush fires.
The Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company (724-379-5036) located at 1100 Fells Church Road, P.O. Box 562, Belle Vernon, PA 15012, was formed in the spring of 1950, by area residents of Rostraver Township who purchased a used fire engine for the purpose of fire prevention and emergency response. Since 1950, Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company has expanded from one used fire engine to one of the most equipped and well trained firefighting forces in western Pennsylvania. The membership of Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company has used sound business practices to provide funding to allow the company to be the first in the Township to provide hydraulic rescue equipment (Jaws of Life), the first to purchase a ladder truck, and the first to purchase a thermal imaging camera.
Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company expanded in 2009 when it opened a sub-station onFinley Road. The sub-station houses one fire engine that provides reduced response time to the Township residents who live in the southern regions of RostraverTownship. The opening of the sub-station should improve the Township's insurance rating during the next Insurance Service Office inspection and provide a reduction in homeowners insurance.
Starting in 2008, the membership of Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company has begun to replace outdated firefighting apparatus. In 2008, the company replaced its outdated fire engine by purchasing a new state of the art fire engine. In 2009, the 75 foot straight climbing ladder truck was replaced with a 100 foot ladder tower. Currently, the membership is working to replace the rescue truck in the next few years. As firefighting technology improves, the Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company improves with it. It is their mission to provide the membership with the latest in firefighting technology to assist them in emergency response and provided the best service possible to the Township residents.
The membership of Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company responds to over 500 emergency incidents every year. We also provide fire prevention training and fire prevention inspections. Recently, the membership of Rostraver Central Volunteer Fire Company was recognized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Office of the State Fire Commissioner as a Participating Department for having a designated percentage of all membership nationally certified Firefighter 1. To learn more or to inquire about membership please visit our web site www.rostravercentral.com.
The Rostraver Township Volunteer Fire Department #1 (724-379-7838) located at 952 Route 906 South, Webster, PA 15087, was first chartered in August 1949, and was the first organized fire protection for Rostraver Township. Prior to our organization, fire protection for RostraverTownship was provided by neighboring communities.
Many changes have been made in our organization in the last seven years. The Rostraver Township Volunteer Fire Department #1 was proud to welcome the community to the grand opening of their new truck garage in the spring of 2004. This building houses the department's 75' ladder truck, heavy pumper, rescue, brush truck and river rescue boat along with a fully equipped communication room. This building also allows for future purchases of equipment to keep up with the townships vast growth.
In the spring of 2006 Rostraver Township Volunteer Fire Department #1 held its grand opening of their new social building. The downstairs is a brand new social hall with fully equipped kitchen and bar. The social hall capacity is 175 and is available for weddings, banquets, meetings, parties, etc. All rental needs for the hall please call the firehouse for reservations at 724-379-7838. The upstairs of the building provides the organization with a meeting room, offices, and member lounge. The Rostraver Township Volunteer Fire Department #1 replaced its 1994 Chevy brush truck with a 2011 Ford F350 4x4 Super Duty Supercab. The department also purchased additional hydraulic rescue tools thanks to the FEMA grant. This will provide the department with the capability to have rescue tools available on every apparatus we have.
Rostraver Township Volunteer Fire Department #1 had a very aggressive and successful membership drive in 2010. The new members are going through very aggressive training at both the local and state levels. With your help, the Rostraver Township Volunteer Fire Department #1 will continue to provide the highest quality fire protection forRostraverTownship for many years to come.