Please have all refuse including large items out the night prior.
Clean up items (1 or 2 large items) will be picked up weekly.
Attention Rostraver Township Residents, depending on the month you pay your garbage it will determine the amount to be paid. Below is a chart for your reference:
At Face Rate will be accepted until March 31, 2020:
$130 Rate under 65
$110 Senior Rate with proof of age over 65
First Penalty Rate will be accepted April 1, 2020 - June 30, 2020:
$150 Rate under 65
$120 Senior Rate with proof of age over 65
Second Penalty Rate will be accepted July 1, 2020 – September 30, 2020:
$175 Rate under 65
$130 Senior Rate with proof of age over 65
The Tax Office is open Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. - Noon and 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m. The last date to pay 2020 Garbage will be September 30, 2020. After that date, it will be turned over to the Rostraver Township Administration Office for payment and be considered delinquent at a rate of $185.00 for everyone.
Just some reminders on refuse and recycling in Rostraver Township:
- All refuse including large items must be out the night prior to scheduled pick up
- 1 or 2 large items weekly can be put out
- NO FREON filled items will be accepted without removal of Freon with sticker included
- No electronic devices, building material or tires
- Paper recycling is available at the intersection of Concord Lane and Harper Drive, and the other at the intersection of Fellsburg Road and Ryan’s Lane. No cardboard, chipboard, or phone books
- Curbside recycling for glass (brown, green and clear), aluminum cans, steel cans, bimetallic cans, and plastic containers (#1 and #2) rinsed with labels removed on a biweekly basis
- Recycling calendars and bins for curbside biweekly basis are available at the Rostraver Township Municipal, 201 Municipal Drive, Rostraver Township
- Plastic Bag Recycling is available at the Rostraver Township Municipal Building and Rostraver Public Library
- Big’s Sanitation Inc. 724-379-4331
Rostraver Lions Club Recycles
The Rostraver Township Lions Club is collecting plastics. Drop off locations are St. Anne’s Church, Rostraver Township Municipal Building, and the Rostraver Public Library. Your plastic bags and wraps then become Earth-friendly composite benches. Recycle your Clean, Dry, Empty Plastics Bags, and Film Packaging. It takes about 500 pounds (about 40,500 plastic bags) of plastic refuse to make one bench.
Plastics to collect must be clean, dry and free of food:
Big's Sanitation LLC will be picking up leaves, grass clippings, and small shrubs. All cuttings must be placed in bio-degradable bags not to exceed 50 pounds. Branches and shrubs should be bundled in lengths no longer than 36 inches. Please do not mix regular residential refuse with leaf and grass clippings. These items will be picked up the alternate week of your recyclables.
Coordinator, Gordon Marshall: 724-929-2491
Recycling collection will be from the same location on your property as your refuse collection. Recycling collection is on a biweekly basis (every other week). The following recyclables should be placed inside a RECYCLING container marked RECYCLING: Glass – brown, green, and clear glass containers, aluminum cans, steel cans, bimetallic cans, and plastic containers
(recycling logos 1 and 2).
Paper bins are located at two locations:
One across from C. Harper Ford on Concord Lane and the other at the intersection of Fellsburg and Fells Church Roads.
NO CARDBOARD, CHIP BOARD, or PHONE BOOKS
ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES TO BE RECYCLED
A. Every person, firm or corporation owning any premises or place within the Township is required to have solid waste collection service, the charge of which shall be set by the Board of Commissioners by resolution. Every dwelling unit, within or comprising a duplex, multiple dwelling or building, apartment building, trailer or mobile home park shall be charged a separate collection service or user's fee, which fee shall be the same as charged to a single-family residence, and the owner of the duplex, multiple dwelling or building, apartment building, trailer or mobile home park shall be responsible for the payment of such fee.