Historical Markers

1.CONCORD_ONE_ROOM_SCHOOL_HOUSE_FRONT_VIEW

  Concord One Room School House
(Location: off of Municipal Drive)
Shepler's Hill (known today as Indian Hill)
(Location: Indian Hill Road) 

Historical Markers1

Fells United Methodist Church
(Location: intersection of Fells Church Road and Fellsburg Road)

Historical Markers2 

    • Gibsonton marker located one quarter mile from Route 70 and Route 906 north at Belle Vernon towards Monessen
    • Doctor John Stodgell Van Voorhis marker located at the park in downtown Belle Vernon
    • Greenock M.E. Church on Johnson Avenue, Pricedale
    • Joseph Hill marker located on Route 201 at Belle Vernon Garage Sales building 1/2 mile from Route 70 north on Route 201
    • Budd Town located on the Yough River Bike Trail about 1 mile south of the West Newton bridge on the Youghiogheny River in Rostraver Township
    • Steen Saw Mill located at the mouth of Cedar Creek Gorge on the Yough Bike Trail in Rostraver Township
    • Greenwood Homestead marker (Circa 1893) located 1/4 mile up the Cedar Creek Gorge on the right of trail
    • Cedar Creek Grist Mill marker located across the 2nd foot bridge 1/4 mile on the left of the trail
    • Port Royal Mine No. 2 Disaster (June 10, 1901) located about 1/8 mile above the Concession Building on the Yough River Bike Trail traveling south
    • Sixteenth Century Monongahela Indian Village marker located at the ballfield in the Westmoreland County Park
    • Col. George Croghan (Circa 1718-1782) marker located at the Veteran's Freedom Monument across from the Rostraver Township Municipal Complex before Cedar Creek Park
    • Van Meter Mine Disaster (December 7, 1909) marker located at the old Train Station, now a residence, in Van Meter on the Yough River Bike Trail in Rostraver Township.