The Rostraver Township Historical Society was formed in 1994. Officers include Frank Indof as President, Stuart Boyd as Vice President, Bill Maurer as Treasurer, Frank Indof/Raymond D. Popp as Corresponding Secretary, Robert Cook, Elaine Phillips, Chuck McCormick, John Hepple, and Raymond Popp as Directors, and Frank Indof/Raymond D. Popp as Editor. Membership is open to everyone interested in the history of Rostraver Township (1773). Rostraver originally was part of Bedford County which was formed out of Cumberland County in 1771. The society is dedicated to the preservation of history, artifacts, historic buildings and with a primary interest in bringing public awareness to the importance of this mission, emphasizing the uniqueness of our area.
Annual dues for regular active members are:
Student Membership $5.00
Individual Membership $15.00
Family Membership $20.00
Sustaining Membership $25.00
Lifetime Membership $200.00
The RTHS meets at 6:30 PM on the second Tuesday of each month at the Historic Fells Methodist Church, 800 Fellsburg Road. They welcome any genealogy queries regarding Rostraver Township.
Concord School, a one room subscription school
built in 1830 is open every Sunday by the RTHS,
Memorial Day through Labor Day,
plus special event days.
This is located on the right side
of the road before you reach the
Municipal Building, just after the exit
off Route 51 and the turn onto Municipal Drive.
Interested in joining the Rostraver Township Historical Society?
Please write to: RTHS,
Attention: Frank Indof
310 Rolling Drive
Rostraver Township, PA 15012
ROSTRAVER TOWNSHIP HISTORICAL SOCIETY
800 FELLSBURG ROAD
ROSTRAVER TOWNSHIP, PA 15012
President: Frank Indof
Vice President: Stuart Boyd
Treasurer: Bill Maurer
Corresponding Secretary: Frank Indof/Raymond D. Popp
Director: Robert Cook
Director: Elaine Phillips
Director: Chuck McCormick
Director: John Hepple
Editor: Frank Indof/Raymond D. Popp